News from the Nest - Nov. 17
News from the Nest
November 17, 2017
20 5th Grade Health & Growth Presentation at Kendall 7PM
22-24 Thanksgiving Break – No School
30 PTA Dinner Night out, Home Run Inn, 11 – 9:30PM
1 Butter Braid Pick up
Birthday Books in the LMC
11 Last day to donate to Gift Mart Toy Drive
14 PTA Meeting 6:30PM – Internet Safety presentation
18 5th Grade Field trip to Crone Concert 10AM
19 Graham Chorus Concert 6:30
22 PTA Winter Parties 2:15PM
25 – January 5 Winter Break – No School
Dear Graham Families,
The month of November has really flown by. Thanksgiving is next Thursday and that means the Holiday Season has begun. This year we are again partnering with the Gift Mart Toy Drive program. A flyer was sent in email explaining this wonderful program which benefits students in our school district community.
This was a busy week here at Graham. Our PTA held the first Blessings in a Backpack event on Monday. Thank you to all the students and parent volunteers for helping to pack food for our partner school. Thank you to everyone who donated an item to assist a family. Parent/Teacher conferences were also held on Monday. Wednesday night was the PTA Skate Night at Aurora Skate Center. On Thursday evening the PTA hosted the annual Boys Choice Event at the Main Event in Naperville.
Next Monday evening, parents around the district are invited to a 5th Grade Health presentation which will be held at Kendall Elementary School. Robert Crown no longer offers the Health and Growth programming at their center, so our 5th graders will attend the presentation here at Graham School on February 5th.
The cold weather has made a visit for the last few weeks. Please remember that students do go outside during recess. We monitor the weather and the temperature and do not send students outside if it is raining or if the wind chill is below 5° Fahrenheit. (This temperature reading includes the wind chill factor.)
Winter reminders for Graham students and their families.
• Please make sure that your students are properly attired with a hat, gloves, and appropriate weight coat.
• Students must have boots and snow pants if they want to play on the field and playground when there is snow on the ground. Children without boots and snow pants must remain on the blacktop when there is snow on the field and the playground.
• During the cold weather months, traffic in the parent pick-up zone increases. Please review the traffic procedures in the Car Pick-up Line and be sure to follow the directions of staff in the Car Pick-Up line.
Third-Party Educational Programs
The following companies have rented space in our schools to offer an after-school educational program for students. The distribution of this material is in no way an endorsement of programs, services, activities or products by District 204. For more information about the programs listed below, visit:
Graham: Illinois Chess Teachers Chess Club
Reminders and Requests:
• When calling in your child’s attendance or late arrival, please call the absent line 630-428-6900, option 3.
• Please remember to include your child’s name and classroom teacher on a sticky note, when dropping off a forgotten item or bringing in lunch.
• There are already items in the Lost and Found collection that are looking for ‘home’. If your child is missing an item, please feel free to come and look through the items
If you have any questions, or concerns please feel free to contact me at your convenience.