News from the Nest - Dec. 22
News from the Nest
December 21, 2017
22 PTA Winter Parties 2:15PM/Sock collection for Blessings in a Back Pack
25 – January 5 Winter Break – No School
8 School Resumes
12 Read Under the Stars
15 Local Holiday No School – K – 12 Students
16 SIP Day No School K – 12 Students
PTA Blessings in a Back Pack packing event, 9:30AM in the MPR
17 PTA Skate Night 6 – 8PM (Disco Night)
19 Report Cards Available in Home Access after 4PM
PTA Family Movie Night 6 – 8PM
24 STEM Night 6 – 7PM
Dear Graham Families,
Thank you to the PTA and their volunteers for the wonderful winter parties! You’re effort and time is appreciated by all. It was easy to see how much the students enjoyed the celebrations.
Yearbook Cover Contest
Calling all artists! The 2017-2018 Graham Yearbook needs a cover. Students of all grade levels are encouraged to enter. The winning artwork will appear as the front cover and runners-up will be on the back cover.
The contest rules are as follows:
• Submit an original piece of student artwork, one entry per student.
• Use a piece of white copier/printer paper (8.5” by 11”).
• Make your drawing a vertical orientation, not landscape.
• Use markers or crayons. Colored pencils do not reproduce well.
• Do not make a cut and paste collage or use textured paper.
• Important: Write your name, grade and teacher’s name in pencil on the back of your artwork.
5Essentials Parent Survey
Teachers, parents, and middle and high school students across Illinois have the opportunity to participate in the Illinois 5Essentials Survey. This survey was designed to generate a detailed picture of the inner workings of your child's school. As a parent, your voice is essential to help us understand the conditions at your child's school and guide improvement.
The Illinois 5Essentials Survey is administered online by the University of Chicago, on behalf of the Illinois State Board of Education. The state will provide survey results for individual schools only if a school has at least 20 percent of parents take the survey. If you have children attending more than one school, we ask that you complete the survey for each school. You may also complete the survey more than once if you have more than one child in the same school. All survey responses will be kept confidential. University of Chicago asks parents for an email address when they begin the survey only for the purpose of sending a confirmation once the survey is completed. University of Chicago will never connect your identity and survey responses to you or your child or share the information with your school, the district or the Illinois State Board of Education.
To take this short survey:
1. Visit https://survey.5-essentials.org/illinois/survey/parent/login/.
2. Type and then select Dupage as District 204's County location. This is the county associated with the district, not the location of an individual school.
3. Type your school's name into the School field and then select your school.
Reminders and Requests:
• School resumes on Monday, January 8th. Please remember the office will not be open December 25th – January 5th.
• When calling in your child’s attendance or late arrival, please call the absent line 630-428-6900, option 3.
• Please remember to include your child’s name and classroom teacher on a sticky note, when dropping off a forgotten item or bringing in lunch.
• There are already items in the Lost and Found collection that are looking for ‘home’. If your child is missing an item, please feel free to come and look through the items
• If you have any questions, or concerns please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
The Graham School office will reopen on January 3rd and school will resume for students on the 8th.
I would like to wish you all a safe and joyous holiday season with family and friends.